- Lightweight, comfortable hiking or walking shoes (waterproof is preferable).
- Lightweight, casual clothing appropriate for hiking, such as light pants, shorts and shirts. Our dress code at the property is completely informal, so do not worry about bringing dinner jackets or formal apparel. Bring a couple of extra shirts as you will be sweating a lot on the hikes and don’t forget your bathing suit.
- Cold weather jacket, wool hat, sun hat
- Comfortable hiking socks
- Casual mountain wear for evenings
- Trekking poles
- Sunscreen and insect repellent
- Flashlight. When possible, please pack only rechargeable batteries
- Light raincoat & rain pants when visiting us during the rainy season
- Camera equipment and plenty of film /memory cards (batteries and chargers). Also small binoculars if you have them.
- Basic medical kit (Aspirin, Plasters, Imodium, Antiseptic Cream, Anti-Histamine Cream, etc.)
- Refillable water bottle
- Use duffle bags or a back pack
IMPORTANT BAGGAGE SPECIFICATIONS
Peru Rail, the company that operates most of the trains from Aguas Calientes/Machu Picchu to Cusco has a weight limit on luggage as follows:
1 backpack/bag per person – 11 lbs / 5 kg (which guests carry with them on the train)
And 1 bag – 22 lbs / 10 kg per person (which goes on a separate cargo train)
Anything over this weight limit, Peru Rail will charge guests directly at the train station in Aguas Caliente
(Rate: US$0.82 per pound extra or US$1.80 per kg extra). Please note that Eco Quechua Lodge does not charge a penalty for surpassing the weight allowance established by Peru Rail.